Dr. Pradeep Kumar Shetty K.
To work with a reputed institution that will provide me a good platform to make best use of my teaching, research and administration skills, and will help me grow in my career by building on my passion for teaching and research.
- Served nearly 11 years as Lecturer at Government U. College Byndur, Kundapura Taluk. 2009- 2021
- Worked as Police Sub Inspector for a Year in Karnataka Police 2008-2009
- Wrote the script and screen play for two Kannada films such as Reservation (2016) and ‘Jinni’
- Screen play writer for the Kannada film Reservation (2016) which won ‘Rajath Kamal’ and adjudged Best Kannada film at the National Film awards 2016
- One of the artistic director of the National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK Surathkal Mangalore) film festival (2016-2018)
- One of the curater and programming consultant of the Nitte International Film Festival (NIFF Mangalore) (2016-2018)
- Published nearly 50 articles and monographs on Kannada, Indian, and International films in journals and dailies such as Economic and Political Weekly, Prajavani, Hosatu, Samajamukhi, Itihasa Darpana, Charitre Adyayana, Samvada and Lokajnana.
|Ph.D||Kannada University Hampi||2020|
Other Courses and Achievements
- A Special Course in Film Appreciation and Film Making, through Film and Television Institute of India (FTII Pune), India in 2015
- A Special course on Film Sound secured through Satyajith Ray Film Institute of India, Kolkata, Government of India in 2020.
- Awarded a Research Fellowship by Indian Council of Historical Research, New Delhi, which is part of HRD Ministry in 2016.
- Part of a National Project, ‘Linguistic Provinces and Economic Policy’ by the Central Government institution, Institute for Economic Growth under H.R.D, New Delhi – to be published by Oxford University Press.
- Served as a member of I.Q.A.C. of Kannada University Hampi.
- Member and drafted Social Science text book for class 10 for S.C.E.R.T., Govt. Of Karnataka.
- Currently a member of Karnataka Chalanachitra Academy, Of Karnataka.
- D awarded through Kannada University Hampi, Karnataka on the topic, ‘Ideology and the Cultural Questions of the Kannada Film: A Historical Construction’ with the supervision of Professor Vijaya Poonaccha Tambanda.
- Presented 3 International level research papers and 40National level Research Papers in the seminars and the conferences.
- Published nearly 40 plus research papers through Peer-Reviewed UGC Care ISSN Journals including Itihasa Darpana, Lokajnana, Hosathu, Samvada, Samajamukhi, Charitre Adhyayana, Samaja Adhyayana and others.
- Papilio Buddha, Shwetha Priya Prakashana Bengaluru.
- Charitravadu Prakatavalla Noda Sansari Balasuva: Swatantrottara Bharathada Charitrashasthra, Anikethana Publications Kundapura.
- Kannada Cinemada Syddhanthikathe mattu Sanskritika Prashnegalu, Anikethana Publications Kundapura.
- Charithreyemba Varthamana, Anikethana Publications
- Ritvik Ghatak: A Biography, Navakarnataka Publications
- Towards a more Perfect Imperfect: The Films of Kim ki Duc, Suchitra Film Society Publications Bengaluru. (Fourthcoming)
- Films of Kristolf Kieslowski, Suchitra Film Society Publications (Fourthcoming)
- Wrote an anthology on film in a popular Kannada literary journal, Kendasampige.
- Contributed three chapters in 11 volume, ‘Socio-Cultural History of Karnataka’ which is commissioned by Bhasha Bharati Pradhikara of Government of Karnataka.
- Translated ‘Searching for a Hindu Identity’ from English to Kannada for Navakarnataka Publications
- Contributed one chapter on Frantz Fanon in, ‘Reader on Socialism’, which is commissioned by the Govt. Of Karnataka.
- Translated, ‘Peasant movements in India’, 1920-1950 by D N Dhanagare for Kriya Publications Bengaluru.
- Currently working on a project on, ‘Theoretical Perceptions of Kannada film’ for Kannada University Hampi.